The Design Process
So, you have a design that you would like to have visualized and made into a unique piece for yourself or a loved one? Looking for that perfect engagement ring or something special for an anniversary or birthday? Well, I am here to work with you and make the design process as smooth and fun as possible.
How will the process work? Here is a breakdown.
- Contact me here on my website and request a studio visit to discuss the design. If you are not local, or just prefer, then you can request a telephone discussion instead.
- If you have a sketch of the design that you would like me to create, please have this ready to bring with you to the studio. If you will be speaking by phone, then please email an image of the sketch to me. If you have images of jewelry pieces that you like as inspirations for your design that works too. Just know that I do not reproduce pieces that were created by another artist, but you can use the images to show me aspects of the designs that you like, and I will incorporate them into the final piece.
- We will then meet up in my studio (or talk on the phone) on the selected day and time and discuss the design, go over options, get ring size(s) etc.
- Once we settle on all of the specifics for the design and have a timeframe, then I will start the process by coming up with a sketch of the design as well as an estimate on the price. Once the sketch and estimate are approved, I will request a deposit of half and once paid I will order necessary materials such as stones and metals.
- Once I have all of the materials for the piece I will begin work. This generally ranges between 3 days to 3 weeks depending on the difficulty of the design.
- When completed I will let you know by email or text and will generally send you an image of the finished piece.
- Finished piece is ready to ship/pick up. Remaining balance on the piece is due at this time.